Smooth vs. Faceted C9 LED Bulbs
Kristin recently asked us the following question, and since we get this question a lot, we thought we'd share our answer here:
I'm trying to decide between smooth or faceted C9 LED bulbs for the outside of my house. Without seeing them lit, it's hard to tell which is the better bulb. Is one brighter than the other? And when lit, what is the difference between the looks of each bulb? Thanks for taking the time to help answer my questions. Since it's a good bit of money for LED bulbs, I just want to make sure we get the right ones!
Here are a few things to consider when choosing between smooth and faceted C9 LED bulbs:
- Brightness: Both smooth and faceted C9 LED bulbs have the same number of LEDs per base, so they will produce the same amount of light. However, the faceted bulbs may appear slightly brighter because the facets help to disperse the light.
- Looks: The faceted bulbs are more traditional and have a classic look. The smooth bulbs have a more modern look.
- Construction: Both smooth and faceted C9 LED bulbs are made by the same factory and are both made with SMD technology.
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your personal preference. If you're looking for a traditional look, the faceted bulbs are a good choice. If you're looking for a modern look, the smooth bulbs are a good choice.
Here are some additional things to consider when making your decision:
- The size of your Christmas lights: If you're using large Christmas lights, the faceted bulbs may be more noticeable.
- The color of your Christmas lights: The faceted bulbs will refract the light more, so they may change the color of your Christmas lights slightly.
- The location of your Christmas lights: If your Christmas lights are in a well-lit area, the difference between the smooth and faceted bulbs may be less noticeable.
I hope this helps!