This house is outlined with strings of pre-wired multi-color C7 light sets.
These plug and play strings are constructed in series like a set of Christmas tree lights and the bulbs cannot be removed or replaced. Their uni-body, ultra-low current construction makes them easy to install since over 80 strings can be run in series and plugged into a single outlet.
The 25 bulbs on this string are 8 inches apart and each string is just over 17 feet long with about 16.4 inches of lit length.
Most average-sized 3 bedroom/2 bath houses need about 12-20 strings of lights to complete this project. Measure the length of your roofline from the ground and add about 10% extra to arrive at your home's number.
Don't forget clips to install the lights along the shingle or open gutter edge. Because these are pre-wired sets instead of traditional C7/C9 cords, each light has a smaller sized base that won't be compatible with some styles of clips.
- 12-20 strings C7 LED Plug and Play Christmas Light Strings These are "pre-wired". They are not the separatel sold bulbs and cords.
- All Application Clips Order one clip per bulb
- OR All in One Clips PLUS The ends of the clamps on these clips cross over each other to create a strong grip on smaller light bases on LED string lights like these.
Consider these two choices in clips:
- all application clips - this clip has a notch that fits smaller based LED and incandescent mini light bases
- all in one clips plus. - the ends of the clips can be twisted over each other to hold the bulb bases in a vice-like grip.
We'd love to see how you are installing lights this season. Please send us a photo via our contact page or tag us on Facebook and Instagram. @christmaslightsource