C9 Christmas Light Bulbs - Incandescent
These traditional bulbs continue to be family favorites. They bring back childhood memories faster than apple pie and ice cream. Economical, choose from transparent, double dipped, twinkle, or ceramic finishes in a wide variety of colors to light Holiday or special occasions all year long. A classic choice for outlining rooflines and sidewalks, wrapping trees, and lighting outdoor parties.
Our transparent bulbs are sold in boxes of 25 in different solid colors and multi. These bulbs are compatible with any standard C9 Christmas light stringer with E17 sockets. You can use your own if they are in good electrical condition or you can purchase them here.
Commonly asked questions about these bulbs:
Consult with a master electrician who can best advise you on how many light bulbs you can safely run on your breakers. Keep in mind that multiple outlets can be connected to the same breaker and this specification is per breaker - not outlet. Again, everyone knows an electrician or has one in the family. Invest in an hour of his or her time and pay to have them approve your design and keep that advice recorded for future projects.
Planning your project with C9 bulbs
1. Measure, as accurately as you can, the eaves of your roof allowing about 30% more than your horizontal measurement for the peak of your eaves. (If you live in a tudor, you may need to double your measurement - you are the one looking at your own roof. ) You might consider taking true physical measurements of your eaves and using one as a guideline for the others.
2. Decide the length of cords that will most easily work for your project. Choose between 25, 50 or 100-foot C9 Stringers or a combination of them for your project. The 25 foot cords can be run 2 strings in series but our other cords come with just one plug. We do carry 1000 foot spools - you'll need to speak to a master electrician about installing these cords because there are special guidelines for exceeding your breaker rating etc etc.)
For a standard residential breaker, do not exceed 200 C9 bulbs per breaker. Run no more than 250 feet of 18 AWG wire no matter how many sockets are present.
3. Pick your favorite color and build a theme. Remember last season, driving your neighborhood. Were you impressed with an all-red decor? How about blue? (I love the Winterland look of all-blue.) Or how about the Christmas classic white? (clear transparent) Multi is also right up there with white as a perennial favorite.
Want to celebrate a favorite sports team? Let the fact that our bulbs and stringers are sold separately, allow you to custom make your color combinations all year.
4. Check out our Installation Hardware for the latest in professional stakes and clips to finish your job right!
Decorating with Incandescent C9 Bulbs
Here are some decorating ideas:
1. Do you have towering evergreen or deciduous trees in your yard and around your home? Consider larger bulbs as opposed to smaller light strings for maximum impact, less labor and reduced material costs.
2. How about outlining your business or office? Use the bright C9 lights to draw attention to your building all year. Use white in the off season eye appeal. Studies show that multi colored lights increase sales during the Christmas sales more than white.
3. Our retro opaque light bulbs in the C9 size make a real statement when used to decorate:
- Holiday Displays
- Nativity scenes
The vintage look of the painted bulbs looks great both lit and unlit.
Decorating During the Holidays
During the holidays, some folks enjoy sharing a Holiday message like Merry Christmas or Season's Greetings with those driving by. Use C9 bulbs and cords to add color and holiday cheer to your banner or sign this year.
For folks who live in the country, add a few light sets to the outline of the barn or building for added color and a stunning effect. The trees in the nearby area would be "offended" if they didn't get a few lights too!
With our purple, green, and orange C9 Christmas light sets, create a Halloween display that will have the beggars on Beggar's Night talk about you and your house for weeks to follow! These terrific sized lights will add an eerie feel to your landscape and to the front of your home. If you live in the country and plan to have a hike through the woods on Halloween, use the C9 lights in Halloween colors to showcase creepy scenes along the way and to line the path.