A big thank you to Ben, who sent us these photos of their first-time Christmas lights installation. Starting with a classic design made the project quick and easy. The traditional color and design leave plenty of room to add to their Christmas lights display over the next few years.
- 200 bulbs Warm White LED bulbs Choose your favorite finish from faceted, smooth, or opaque.
- 2 cords C9 Cord 100 feet Black Wire
- 5 plugs Male Gilbert Plugs SPT-1 Black Choose plugs based on color of wire and the SPT rating of the wire. Make sure they match. ie. If your cord is SPT-1 then your plugs need to be as well.
- 5 plugs Female Gilbert Plugs SPT-1 Black Tip: If the color plug that goes with your cord is out of stock, probably no one will notice if the plug is a different color than the wire.
- 5 plugs Female Inline Gilbert Plug Black SPT-1
All the gilbert (vampire) plugs were not used in the final installation but the customer wanted to make sure that a lack of 1-2 plugs would slow him down!
Purchase a male plug where your plan indicates you might need to cut the cord to fit and plug into an outlet or splitter. The 100-foot cords are manufactured with one male plug, so depending on your plan, you might not need additional plugs.
Originally Published 2/9/2020