Purple is a fun non-traditional color and we use it all year. Home decor, Christmas, Halloween, it's a fantastic color to store in your around the year lighting stash.
Note that purple in the Christmas is more like a lovely Bordeaux. It throws a lot of pink and red tones.
Constructed in two circuits of 50 bulbs, this set will stay lit if a single bulb burns out and is constructed with a commercial 22 AWG wiring harness. (Note, if a bulb is removed from its socket or the socket is damaged the set will go out.)
We see customers using purple for the following kinds of projects:
- added to a pre-lit tree to spice up white Christmas lights
- mix with orange to brighten up yard displays for Halloween
- perfect for a dorm
- celebrating team spirit at high schools across the country
- adding accent to a Spring wedding
- spicing up a Mardi Gras party!
Four-inch spacing is versatile and finds a happy balance between a number of lights and the amount of wiring you have to manipulate during install. During installation, a maximum of 5 strings can be run in series. Just use a splitter or another extension cord to run more strings of lights. Be sure not to exceed the rating of your household breaker.