Frequently asked questions and tips:
What shapes do you carry?
We carry a wide variety of shapes. Sometimes Choose from these decorative shapes:
- M5, also known as mini ice
- Wide angle, also known as conical or 5mm
- Round, also known as razzberry and G12
- Large Round, also known as super razzberry and G25
- C6, also known as strawberry
- M3, smooth and diamond cut
- Smooth M5
- Ice Cube
- Star Shapes
You can find all of these shapes by choosing the category photo or using the pulldown menu across the top of the website.
I already know what color I want to use, how do I find it?
We've made it easy to find the perfect color to match your existing sets or start from scratch. Just choose your color via the category photo, left hand navigation or the pull-down links across the top.
As a heads up, our warm white LED Christmas lights are the closest match to traditional white mini lights.
What's the difference between commercial and non-commercial strings?
Standard professional grade sets - most of our sets have male and female plugs that connect to a standard household outlet. On either green or white wire, you can run up to 87 sets of these light strings in series. Since maximum connectivity will vary based on color, be sure to check the string that you are purchasing to verify maximum run information. (You might only need to run a single extension cord for your ENTIRE project.)
- these sets look just like the residential sets when it comes to
color, shape and brightness but these sets have proprietary coax
connectors and can be run up to 125 sets in series for our sets that use
a power adapter and 66 sets that have on-string rectification (their
part numbers end in -RY).
All of our commercial sets with non-standard plugs with have the word "commercial" in their product name.
Since they have those coaxial adapters, do you have accessories?
You're right. You can't use standard splitters with our commercial sets so these stringers do have accessories like spacer wires and Y and T adapters that allow you to run
your lights all over your installation with a minimum of extension
Do commercial strings require a power adapter?
Yes, all of the LED light strings with "commercial" in the product name require either a power cord or power adapter for each place (noted on
each item's description.)
Can the bulbs on these lights be replaced or removed?
Only our premium sets that have replaceable diodes allow you to change out a diode if it is damaged. (More than likely by a power surge on your line so run your LED lights on a surge protector.) Look for the word "premium" or "deluxe" in the product name.
Our standard commercial sets are injection molded and the LEDs cannot be removed, replaced or exchanged for a different color. Check the item description to be sure.
What if I really want to alternate colors?
While you can purchase identical styles of different colors of our premium sets with replaceable diodes, for maximum flexibility see our LED C7 and C9 retrofit bulbs. You can even use these bulbs in your existing C7 and C9 cords if you have them. (What an easy way to convert your incandescent sets.)
Where might I have seen these lights in action?
If you've seen the trees at these locations, you've seen our LED lights in use:
What are the benefits of using LED Christmas lights?
Lower electric bills - LED Christmas lights provide beautiful, radiant light and are more energy efficient than the traditional mini lights - up to 90% less that incandescent
Weather resistant - all our sets are constructed with weatherproof materials, making them resistant to moisture when used for normal seasonal Holiday use
More durable than glass - these sets don't contain the fragile filaments and glass bulbs like incandescent bulbs, so they aren't easily broken or damaged. Even if a lens breaks, it won't affect the operation of the rest of the strand as long as the wiring is undamaged
Use fewer extension cords for easier installation - every LED Christmas light string has a maximum number of strings that can be run in series. That number is based on the UL guideline that users run no more than 210 watts in any one series line. So, for LED sets, that number can vary from 30 to 86 strings in a single row or run. You might be able to outline your home without running multiple extensions cords - saving you time and money.
- Cool operation - Another great benefit of our mini LED lights is that they remain cool to the touch, no matter how long they've been lit only increasing temperature by only approximately 1 degree
Any decorating tips?
Think outside the Holiday box for other uses for these versatile LED lights. Here are a few ideas on how to use them for both Christmas and other occasions throughout the year.
How can I decorate for my wedding or reception?
Consider using lights in the following ways for your big day:
- Decorate small trees and shrubs at your venue or backyard if you are having a home-wedding
- Use lights on the cake table, draped under a canopy of tulle or under the base of your cake if it is elevated
- Wrap layers of tulle around mini LED lights and use them to enhance doorways, posts or tables, such as the wedding party table or buffet table.
- Trellises are often used to decorate at weddings. Add beauty and light by using M5 or wide angle LED's strung diagonally across the trellises
- Buffet tables, topiaries, and centerpieces are also great backdrops these light sets
- Larger trees outside the church or reception hall will look fantastic with strings of C7 or C9 LED lights strung around the base and perhaps the lower limbs as well.
- Are you having an outdoor reception? Use several sets of LED lights to decorate your tents, and tables to create a romantic and magical atmosphere for you and your guests to enjoy.
Any tips for Christmas?
- Decorate your Christmas tree (of course!) - use both large and mini LED light sets of any color of your choice. Consider using different sizes and colors to add layers of texture to your tree. Go traditional with white or multi or think outside the box with pink, purple or teal
- Mantels and fireplaces - accent your home's architectural features with a few strings of LED lights strung across or draped in between the hung stockings. Use the same strings that you purchase to accent your tree
- Holiday wreaths - weave LED mini lights like the strawberry, razzberry and mini ice into your greenery
- Parties - Use them to spruce up your buffet table when family and friends come to visit
- Your yard - Go overboard with C7 and C9 LED's, and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood. Don't forget your shrubs, trees, mailbox, and the grapevine tree that adorns your porch
Any tips for summer decorating?
- In the backyard - LED light sets will instantly turn an ordinary backyard barbecue into something magical, especially for late afternoon or early evening get-together. Use them under your porch or wrap your backyard tree trunks.
- Accent your patio - Wrap them around your patio posts or drape them along your balcony.
- Wrap your tree trunks and limbs - lighting outside trees, no matter the size, will make your outside space instantly warm and inviting to anyone who visits
- Do you have a gazebo? What could be more romantic or sweet than a gazebo lit with mini LED lights or swagged with strings of larger C7 and C9 lights? String them around the top, the sides, and the bottom railing for a well-lit area. Or, if you prefer a more romantic atmosphere, string just around the top of the gazebo for softer light.
- Birthday parties - A child's birthday party in the back yard can be transformed into an unforgettable event using sets in every color, or just your child's favorite color.
- Provide directions - Light the fence if you want folks to come around back for a fun family party
How can I use LED Christmas Lights every day at home? (I'd like to get more use out of my lights than just 3 months out of the year!)
- On light fixtures - String round LED lights around your chandelier for added ambiance in any room.
- On Grapevine wreaths and trees - these indoor and outdoor accessories simply beg to have LED light sets wrapped around them for cool efficient accent lighting.
- In a children's room - kids will love strings of lights hung around the top of their rooms and lit as they go to sleep at night. Turn your child's room into a fairy land or pretend it's a pirate sky. Be sure to add a timer to keep them from operating unattended all night long. In a child's room be sure to check the condition of the wires on a regular basis.
- Above the cabinets - LED lights installed in the space above your kitchen cabinets will provide energy efficient and heat free accent lighting.
- Interior plants - real and artificial trees inside the home will give warmth to any room wrapped with LED light strings.
Any suggestions for lighting cities?
If you are with a parks and recreations department, follow the lead of towns, cities, and businesses across the country who are already taking advantage of the durability and economical operation of LED Christmas lights.
Our LED light sets are specifically designed and rated for 90 days of outdoor use. We suggest that they be installed on GFCI circuits and that surge protectors be in place.
- Decorate the town square gazebo or Christmas trees with the color of LED light of your choice.
- Life size nativity scenes inside or outside a church are softened and brightened with mini LED light sets.
- Businesses can use these lights to decorate offices or the break room for their associates during the holidays.
There really isn't any end to the number of uses for LED Christmas light sets!
Allow your imagination to run free and imagine where light can lend warmth, light, or ambiance, and those are the places you'll want to decorate with LED Christmas lights.
You'll want to use them everywhere in your home, business, town, church and even your home to give a magical touch to not only the special events of life, but to the every day life events as well.