We carry both LED and incandescent types of rope lighting.
Because the bulbs are enclosed inside a protective casing, these spools can be used for both indoor and outdoor occasions. We offer several different diameters and choice of colors of plastic neon rope lighting options.
Each incandescent rope light spool is shipped with installation accessory kits - contents are noted on each product.
1) Our 3/8" rope spools are a 2-wire (steady burning). At 10 mm, these are smaller and thinner than our other rope lights, which makes them an ideal choice for wrapping columns or sculpture, twisting around corners, or outlining buildings or wire figures. Because the connections in this type of light are "floating" be sure not to wind them in too small of a diameter.
2) Our 1/2" rope spools (13 mm) are a 2-wire configuration (steady burning). You'll find this size good for lining pathways, railings, banisters, decks, and doorways or for accenting buildings.
3) If you want to flash rope light on and off sequentially, use 1/2" (13 mm), 3-wire, and steady burning spools in conjunction with one of our controllers and you'll have rope lights that blink, chase or fade. Rooflines look fantastic when outlined with the sharp edges these runs produce.
1. Simply cut your LED spool (using the pre-marked cut lines) into the lengths you desire for your project. You can't cut the rope light at any point but between white "cut-marks" that occur every 18 or 36 inches. Check the specifications of the version/color you are considering to see this spacing as it can vary between diameters and sometimes color of rope.
2. Next, install a power connector on one end of the rope by inserting it's pins into the pins of the end of the rope.
3. Install the power cord on the power connector. Finger tighten the connections down snugly but don't over-tighten them.
4. Lastly, install an end cap and your customized project is complete.
It's important to note: if you think you might need more than three custom lengths, be sure to include additional hardware when you order.
We carry "X" and "Y" splicers and connectors so you'll have everything on hand to complete your lighting display.
Holiday light displays, such as Santa, sleigh, and reindeer, the outdoor Nativity, Christmas trees, elves, angels, stars, and snowmen, are all quickly transformed into a grand illumination when wrapped and accented with rope lights. Given our excellent choices of rope light colors, you'll have no problem matching your Christmas decorations.
These spools are also ideal for creating shapes, words, or pictures on the side of your home, garage door, tool shed, or barn since they tend to tangle less than traditional strands of lights and they have a smooth, even appearance.
In the kitchen, use these lights to illuminate the top of an empty cabinet space to show off collectibles or simply to add warmth to the kitchen, dining room, or den.
Bookshelves are charming when bedecked with rope lights, creating the perfect, relaxing place to catch up on your reading.
Other uses for rope lighting include:
Each week we'll post specials on Mini, LED, Battery,
Craft Lights, Installation Hardware and More!
Christmas Light Source
Serving Commercial and
Residential Customer Since 2005
2005 - 2015 Christmas Light Source. All Rights Reserved. Proprietors
Shellie Gardner and David Robinson | Web Development by iCreativeMedia