About Our Rope Lights
We carry both LED and incandescent rope lights.
Because rope lights are enclosed inside a protective casing, they can be used for both indoor and outdoor occasions. We offer several different diameters and choice of colors of plastic neon rope lighting options.
Each incandescent rope light spool is shipped with installation accessory kits - contents are noted on each product.
1) Our 3/8" Rope Lights are a 2-wire rope light (steady burning). At 10 mm, these are smaller and thinner than our other rope lights, which makes them an ideal choice for wrapping columns or sculpture, twisting around corners, or outlining buildings or wire figures.
2) Our 1/2" Rope Lights (13 mm) are a 2-wire rope light (steady burning). You'll find this size good for lining pathways, railings, banisters, decks, and doorways or for accenting buildings.
3) If it's animation you desire, use our incandescent 1/2" Rope Lights (13 mm, 3-wire, and steady burning) in conjunction with one of our controllers and you'll have rope lights that blink, chase or fade. Rooflines look fantastic when outlined with these rope lights.
Rope light installation
Rope lights are simple to install. Simply cut your LED spool (using the pre-marked cut lines) into the lengths you desire for your project. Next, install a power connector on one end of the rope so you'll have power via the power cord.
Lastly, install an end cap and your customized project is complete. It's important to note: if you think you might need more than three custom lengths, be sure to include additional hardware when you order. We carry "X" and "Y" splicers and connectors so you'll have everything on hand to complete your lighting display.
Rope Light Uses
Holiday light displays, such as Santa, sleigh, and reindeer, the outdoor Nativity, Christmas trees, elves, angels, stars, and snowmen, are all quickly transformed into a grand illumination when wrapped and accented with rope lights. Given our excellent choices of rope light colors, you'll have no problem matching your Christmas decorations.
Rope lights are also ideal for creating shapes, words, or pictures on the side of your home, garage door, tool shed, or barn since they tend to tangle less than traditional strands of lights and they have a smooth, even appearance.
Rope lights softly illuminate the top of an empty cabinet space to show off collectibles or simply to add warmth to the kitchen, dining room, or den.
Bookshelves are charming when bedecked with rope lights, creating the perfect, relaxing place to catch up on your reading.
Other uses for rope lights might include:
- Wrapping pedestals and columns
- Outlining stages
- Floral arrangements and plants
- Decorating gazebos and arches
- Sign outlines (businesses)
- Wrapped around trees
- Lining pathways
- Trade shows and exhibits
- Store window displays, windows
- Bars and nightclubs
- Prom decorating