Do you want to wow all your neighbors with this year's Christmas Light display?
Transparent C9 bulbs (and frankly, the old-fashioned opaque C9 bulbs as well) were always my favorite growing up as a kid. Frankly, nothing can beat them for lining a roofline, yard or pathway. Measuring in at over 2", these bulbs are really the showstoppers of any lighting project.
Our transparent bulbs are sold in boxes of 25 in different solid colors and multi. These bulbs are compatible with any standard C9 Christmas light stringer with E17 sockets. You can use your own if they are in good electrical condition or you can purchase them here.
1. Measure, as accurately as you can, the eaves of your roof allowing about 30% more than your horizontal measurement for the peak of your eaves. (If you live in a tudor, you may need to double your measurement - you are the one looking at your own roof. ) You might consider taking true physical measurements of your eaves and using one as a guideline for the others.
2. Decide the length of cords that will most easily work for your project. Choose between 25, 50 or 100-foot C9 Stringers or a combination of them for your project. The 25 foot cords can be run 2 strings in series but our other cords come with just one plug. We do carry 1000 foot spools - you'll need to speak to a master electrician about installing these cords because there are special guidelines for exceeding your breaker rating etc etc.)
For a standard residential breaker, do not exceed 200 C9 bulbs per breaker. Run no more than 250 feet of 18 AWG wire no matter how many sockets are present.
3. Pick your favorite color and build a theme. Remember last season, driving your neighborhood. Were you impressed with an all-red decor? How about blue? (I love the Winterland look of all-blue.) Or how about the Christmas classic white? (clear transparent) Multi is also right up there with white as a perennial favorite.
Want to celebrate a favorite sports team? Let the fact that our bulbs and stringers are sold separately, allow you to custom make your color combinations all year.
4. Check out our Installation Hardware for the latest in professional stakes and clips to finish your job right!
Here are some decorating ideas:
1. Do you have towering evergreen or deciduous trees in your yard and around your home? Consider larger bulbs as opposed to smaller light strings for maximum impact, less labor and reduced material costs.
2. How about outlining your business or office? Use the bright C9 lights to draw attention to your building all year. Use white in the off season eye appeal. Studies show that multi colored lights increase sales during the Christmas sales more than white.
3. Our retro opaque light bulbs in the C9 size make a real statement when used to decorate:
The vintage look of the painted bulbs looks great both lit and unlit.
During the holidays, some folks enjoy sharing a Holiday message like Merry Christmas or Season's Greetings with those driving by. Use C9 bulbs and cords to add color and holiday cheer to your banner or sign this year.
For folks who live in the country, add a few light sets to the outline of the barn or building for added color and a stunning effect. The trees in the nearby area would be "offended" if they didn't get a few lights too!
With our purple, green, and orange C9 Christmas light sets, create a Halloween display that will have the beggars on Beggar's Night talk about you and your house for weeks to follow! These terrific sized lights will add an eerie feel to your landscape and to the front of your home. If you live in the country and plan to have a hike through the woods on Halloween, use the C9 lights in Halloween colors to showcase creepy scenes along the way and to line the path.
Each week we'll post specials on Mini, LED, Battery,
Craft Lights, Installation Hardware and More!
Christmas Light Source
Serving Commercial and
Residential Customer Since 2005
2005 - 2015 Christmas Light Source. All Rights Reserved. Proprietors
Shellie Gardner and David Robinson | Web Development by iCreativeMedia